The parish has been offered the opportunity to take part in the Partnership for Missional Church programme (PMC) that the Diocese is running for the whole Diocese.
What is PMC?
PMC is a three year process of spiritual reflection, transformation and engagement, which originated in the United States, travelled to South Africa and is now being launched nationally around the UK.
PMC is a fresh engagement with a God ‘who is active and present and working for good in the world’. This includes bringing a new attentiveness to God in scripture, as well as practical exercises and engagement with communities.
How does it work?
Partnership for Missional Church fosters the awareness of God’s activity (Mark 16.7). It does this through a network of congregations (usually 10-15 churches) journeying and learning together for three to five years.
PMC is a process not a programme. Year One is ‘listening’, Year Two ‘experimenting’ and Year Three seeking to root our vision of ‘God’s preferred and promised future for our church’.
- Discerning and owning our future together as a parish
- A deep and long-term cultural change in congregational life
- Discovering God as our primary partner in mission
- Being in tune with God’s dreams and desires for local communities.
Why are we doing it?
PMC offers Hardington Vale an excellent opportunity for the whole congregation to grow and develop going forward.
What commitment is required from the Parish?
- £400 pa for the 3 years; funding has been secured for Year One.
- A Steering Group (5 to 8 people)
- A Listening Group (4 to 6 people)
- Participation by interviewees (24 people)
What stage are we at?
PCC have agreed to progress with PMC. We have a Steering Group (led by Susie Filkins) and are approaching people to take part in the Listening Group.
Kick-off meetings are scheduled for January 2019.